I am honored to have received two nominations for a Liebster Award! Thank you to Life and Other Disasters and My Tiny Obsessions for nominating my blog for this award! It is really amazing that people are actually reading my blog!
The Liebster Award is for blogs with less than 200 followers and that are worth watching. The rules are:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Life and Other Distasters asked me:
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
My superpower would be the ability to fly or something like that so I don’t have to drive anywhere and can go literally anywhere at any time! No more long road trips or flights, I could fly there myself or apparate there.
- What would be your superhero-name?
This is such a hard one that I have thought about before. I wish I had some really witty pun of a name, but I don’t have one at the moment, so I might just pick something like “BookGirl” or something generic like that.
- If you could go anywhere in space and time, where would you go? And why?
Probably somewhere in England, because it is my dream to live there. And maybe late 19th century-early 20th century London would be ideal. This is the time when all my favorite books are being published and so many interesting breakthroughs in technology and women’s rights. And next to that, would be London in the future.
- A genie grants you a wish, What would you wish for?
I would wish for a secure job as either a writer or in the publishing industry after I graduate and for my loans to disappear. I know that is two wishes, but a girl can dream!
- Who is your favourite TV or movie character? Why?
I think my favorite character would be The Doctor. This is because they are so many people at once. You have the grumpy old man, the quirky one, the funny guy with a bow tie, and so many more. They encompass so much and stand for what is right, even if they sacrifice things that are important to them. There is so much complexity to that character that appeals to so many people and it is a really rare thing to find in a character. And if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Matt Smith.
- What is your favourite book genre?
I absolutely love fantasy and fiction. I am always drawn to this genre because the reason I started reading was due to Harry Potter and so I always feel a bit like my childhood self again when I pick up a fantasy/fiction novel. I think they have so many powerful messages that can be taken out of the fantasy context and applied to real life. It is also an escape for me. I get to leave the world of stressful classes, tests, student loans, and anything else and temporarily forget everything. It is a magical experience.
- If you could go and see your own future, what would you hope to find there?
I just hope to see my future filled with happiness. I want to be able to be happy and not dwell on the past. A future full of happiness is a dream to me. A job, husband, and family would also be lovely.
- What’s your current favourite song?
I don’t really have a favorite song. I have an eclectic taste that encompasses every genre of music. That being said, one of my favorites that comes to mind would be “Little Lion Man” by Mumford and Sons.
- Would you rather fall into the rabbit’s hole, discover Narnia or go to Hogwarts?
Such a hard question! But I would love to go to Hogwarts. I was seriously upset when I turned 11 and didn’t get my letter. But I choose this because I grew up with the Harry Potter books, and it was always my dream. In high school, I went on my senior trip to Florida and we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios and it was literally a dream. I loved every minute of it.
- If you could meet any person of your choosing (dead or alive) who would you want to meet? Why?
J.K. Rowling. She is someone I would love to meet. I aspire to be a writer, and just being able to pick her brain about her processes and just being in her presence would be amazing. I would love to be able to have tea with her and discuss far off places and fictional characters.
- What’s your favourite time of the year?
I love fall. I think that the colors are so pretty and inspiring. I love that it is beginning to get cold, and I can wear my favorite sweater with boots and sip on tea while watching the leaves change outside my window.
My Tiny Obsessions asked me:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
London. Everything I love is (or was) made there. The literature, shows, movies, and history intrigues me. I would love to live in the same county that people like Shakespeare, the Brontës, J.K. Rowling, and so many others live(d). It is my dream to move there one day, and I hope I make that happen.
- Favorite superhero? Why?
I really love Mystique. I think that she really shows growth as a character because she learns to accept herself as she is, which is a great message that everyone should learn from. Like she would say, “Mutant and proud.”
- Favorite drama, comedy and SCi-Fi tv show?
Drama would be Sherlock because I love the chemistry that Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have together. Comedy would be Mindy Project because Mindy Kaling portrays a character that is so relatable and refreshing. And Sci-Fi would be Doctor Who because it has so many great characters and is still going on 50 years later!
- What’s your TV guilty pleasure and why?
I hate to admit it, but my TV guilty pleasure would be Pretty Little Liars. This is because I started watching it when I was young and in high school, and I really just want to find out who A is. I read some of the books, but they stopped following them, so I can’t even read the last ones to find out who A will be, so I continue to watch.
- Which one is your Doctor? And Companion?
My Doctor is the Eleventh. I think Matt Smith portrays him so brilliantly, and I came into Doctor Who later, so I spent the summer watching the new seasons 1-5, so I came in while Matt was still relatively new, and I think that is why I love his Doctor so much. I started while he was still on it, and so he is my first Doctor. My favorite companion is Clara Oswald. She is so complex and her story is so interesting. I like the way that she doesn’t take the Doctors crap and lets him know what she is thinking.
- Which of the Deathly Hallows (Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone and Cloak of Invisibility) would you rather possess? Why?
Cloak of invisibility, hands down. It didn’t turn out well for the other two brothers with he want and stone, but the one who had the cloak “greeted death like an old friend” when he chose to die, the others didn’t choose. I also wouldn’t mind being able to go around unnoticed.
- Robert Downey Jr, Benedict Cumberbatch or Jonny Lee Miller, which one is the best Sherlock Holmes? And who is the best Watson, Jude Law, Martin Freeman or Lucy Liu?
Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Their chemistry is amazing on the screen and they work so well together. They form the perfect duo. And when I read the actually read Doyle’s stories, I think they they fit the personality descriptions perfectly.
- Favorite comfort food?
Ice cream. I love Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked. It is to die for!
- What the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Wish that I was still sleeping!
- What made you start blogging?
I want to be a writer one day, so I figured this is a great way to start. It is great practice and allows me to get my thoughts out in a coherent way in one place. It is very relaxing!
- What’s your favorite post that you have written? (Share link please)
I think my favorite post was “An Ode to Nerds” because it was a spur of the moment post where I just wrote out all my feelings on being a nerd and where I acknowledge that I am proud of that about me!
- It Does Not Do To Dwell On Dreams And Forget To Live
- MY Doctor Who
- C. Miller
- Horcruxes, Heroes, and Harry Potter
- Is My Geek Showing?
- Jeyna Grace
- Sleeping Geeks
- Route 23
- The Broken Tower
- Lesley Carter
- Favorite pace to go? Why?
- If you had a million dollars to do anything, what would you do?
- Favorite quote?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Favorite movie, show, or book?
- How did you get started blogging?
- Favorite color? Why?
- If you had to pick between being part of the Avengers or X-Men, what would you pick?
- Favorite hobbies?
- Who would you spend a day with if you could pick anyone in the world?
- Which fictional character would you most want to come alive and be your friend?